We take logo design seriously because your logo is an important foundation for your brand. Your logo should be timeless and you shouldn’t have to change your logo ever again for the life of your company. These are the main goals I achieve when we create logos for clients. A typical logo design project will take 2-3 weeks to complete. If there are communication issues or delays in meeting, it could take longer.
1. Discovery session – 1-2 hours of interviewing the business owner.
2. Research – this can take hours, days or more depending on the scope of the project. Keywords, phrases, competitors, demographics and more. All are important to understand before you create any logo design.
3. Creation of ideas – spending time here to problem solve is a labour of love. It takes time to craft ideas that follow the magic formula of logo design.
4. Polish up the idea – this is where we get on the computer and start mocking up the logo design idea into a polished version. We will play a little more with the design to make sure it works properly.
5. Create a presentation – this is important to telling the logo story to the client.
6. Pitching the design – another meeting with the client to show them the idea and explain why this is the logo for their company.
7. Follow up – let the client sit on the design for a few days and follow up to make sure they are really happy with it.
If the client says ‘approved’ then we refine it more into a final cleaned up logo design. Then we create the supporting designs – business card, envelope, etc. – if required.
If the client doesn’t like it, we go back to the drawing board and create a new idea, at no extra charge.
8. Package and deliver – all final designs are then packaged and delivered to the client.